Holland America’s Cancellation Protection Plan
Holland America provides two types of coverage for cruisers, the Standard Cancellation Protection Plan (CPP Standard Plan) and the Platinum Cancellation Protection Plan (CPP Platinum Plan). Rates vary, so please ask your Vacations To Go cruise counselor for the cost of coverage for the cruise you’ve selected. Holland America's Cancellation Protection Plan must be purchased at the time of deposit and is not refundable in the event of cancellation.
CPP Standard Plan
Holland America Line’s Standard Cancellation Protection Plan (CPP Standard Plan) will allow you, for any reason, to provide written cancellation up to 24 hours prior to scheduled cruise or cruisetour departure and receive a refund equal to 80% of the eligible amounts paid (90% if you purchased Holland America Line’s CPP Platinum Plan). In addition, Holland America Line (HAL) automatically assumes an additional US$500 of liability for lost, damaged or delayed baggage of passengers who purchase the CPP Standard Plan still subject, however, to the limitations in Holland America’s baggage policies. For example, we do not cover losses while baggage is in the custody of airlines.
If Holland America Line, due to any cause whatsoever, is liable for loss of, damage to or delay of your property, the amount of Holland America Line's liability will not exceed US$100 (US$600 for passengers who have purchased Cancellation Protection Plan) unless you have specified to Holland America Line in writing the true value of your property and paid to Holland America Line before departure of the Cruise, CruiseTour or HAL Land Trip, 1% of the value in excess of US$100 or US$600, as applicable. In that event, Holland America Line's liability will be limited to the amount so specified. Please contact the ship's Front Office immediately upon embarkation for forms and additional details; you must have your luggage with you when making these arrangements. Holland America Line's baggage policy is further detailed in the baggage section of your Cruise Contract.
IMPORTANT: Do not pack your passport, medications, cruise documents or airline tickets. Keep them close at hand in your purse or jacket pocket. We also strongly suggest that you carry or otherwise keep with you important items such as perishables, medicine, liquor, cash, credit or debit cards, jewelry, gold, silver, or similar valuables, securities, financial instruments, records or other valuable or business documents, laptop computers, cellular telephones, cameras, hearing aids, electric wheelchairs, scooters, or other video or electronic equipment, binoculars, film, videotape, computer disks, audio disks, tapes or CDs. (Remember that checked baggage might not be accessible at all times.) Holland America Line assumes no responsibility for the items listed above.
The CPP Standard Plan is not insurance, is administered by Holland America Line Inc., and may not be available for purchase in some locations outside the U.S. and Canada; it provides no rights other than those explained above. For example, it does not protect double-triple-quad occupancy rates should one or more members of your party cancel, nor does it cover expenses or unused services due to trip interruption.
CPP Platinum Plan
Holland America’s Platinum Cancellation Protection Plan (CPP Platinum Plan) enables you to supplement the CPP Standard Plan with enhanced cancellation protection as well as insurance coverage and travel assistance services. For a nominal additional fee, you will receive:
- Pre-departure trip cancellation You may cancel for any reason prior to the scheduled cruise/cruisetour departure and receive reimbursement equal to 90% of the eligible amounts paid to Holland America Line.
- Trip Interruption protection Covers the unused arrangements of your travel and additional traveling expenses to return home, up to 150% of the cruise/cruisetour cost for covered reasons.
- Trip Delay coverage Provides reimbursement for reasonable additional accommodations and traveling expenses if your trip is delayed for covered reasons, up to US$500.
- Baggage protection Holland America Line assumes an additional US$1,000 of liability for lost or damaged baggage (US$1,600 total) and an additional US$500 for delayed baggage (US$1,100 total) with the Platinum Plan.
- Emergency medical expense You will be reimbursed up to US$10,000 in covered medical services incurred during your trip for any illness or injury first occurring during your trip. In addition, necessary expenses of up to US$50,000 for emergency medical evacuations and repatriations are covered. These are benefits that Medicare and many private insurance plans may not offer, and they are highly recommended for foreign travel.
- 24-Hour emergency hotline assistance Provides around-the-clock help worldwide assistance for legal or medical referrals, lost travel documents, cash transfer or passport assistance.
There are no pre-existing condition limitations in the CPP Platinum Plan!
"IMPORTANT NOTE": This is a summary of coverage. Please refer to the Plan Description which contains the details of assistance services and insurance coverage, terms, conditions, exclusions and other applicable limitations. The CPP Platinum Plan is only available for U.S. and Canadian residents. The CPP Standard and CPP Platinum Plans are optional, must be paid at time of deposit and are non-refundable. The per person, per cruise costs for both plans are listed with the cruise fares.
The insurance coverage provided under the CPP Platinum Plan is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc., under policy #HTP04195. This plan was designed and is administered by BerkelyCare. IN CALIFORNIA: BerkelyCare is a service mark of Aon Direct Insurance Administrators, CA Insurance License #0795465. IN ALL OTHER STATES: BerkelyCare is a division of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc., in all states other than CA, except: AIS Affinity Insurance Agency, Inc. in MN and OK and AIS Affinity Insurance Agency in NY.
This is not a complete description of all benefits and limitations. For full terms and conditions of coverage, ask your Vacations To Go cruise counselor. Prices, terms and conditions listed in this summary are subject to change without notice and need to be reconfirmed with your Vacations To Go cruise counselor at the time of booking.
If you book a Holland America cruise, you can purchase insurance from Holland America (CPP Standard Plan or CPP Platinum Plan) or from the independent insurance provider, CSA. Click here to see details of the CSA Vacation Guarantee.